ING at a glance
Why we’re here
ING's purpose is empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. This purpose guides us in everything we do.
‘do your thing’ is our new brand direction and our first global tagline. It articulates our purpose and our promise to make banking frictionless. It’s about encouraging people to do more of the things that move them and their business. ‘do your thing’ is not about irresponsible behaviour but about people being free to live the life they want to live, knowing that they will make their world a little better for it.
Who we are
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. Our 53,000 employees serve around 38.4 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
Our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages in most of our retail markets. For our Wholesale Banking clients we provide specialised lending, tailored corporate finance, debt and equity market solutions, payments & cash management and trade and treasury services.
Customer experience is what differentiates us and we’re continuously innovating to improve it. We also partner with others to bring disruptive ideas to market faster.
Our shares are listed in Amsterdam (INGA NA, INGA.AS), Brussels and New York (ADRs: ING US, ING.N).
When it comes to sustainability, we facilitate and finance society’s shift to a low-carbon future and pioneer innovative forms of finance to support a better world. As such, we’re ranked as a leader in the banks industry group by Sustainalytics and have an ‘A’ rating in MSCI’s ratings universe. ING Group shares are included in major sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) index products of leading providers STOXX, Morningstar and FTSE Russell.
Where we operate
The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
- Leading retail and wholesale banks
- Cross-border customer interaction platform with mobile-first customer experience and cost efficiency
Australia, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Spain
- Digital banks developing scalable platform with uniform, mobile-first customer experience
- Broadening product capabilities
Poland, Romania, Turkey, the Philippines, and our stakes in Asia
- Universal banks in economies with high growth potential
- Developing differentiating customer experience, based on mobile-first approach
International network and global franchises
- Active in more than 40 countries
- Extensive international client base across all regions
- Sector-focused client business in lending, capital structuring and advisory, transaction services and financial markets
How we’re doing
For more information see Key figures.