ING at a glance
Who we are
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. Our more than 58,000 employees serve around 38 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
Our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages in most of our retail markets. For our Wholesale Banking clients we provide specialised lending, tailored corporate finance, debt and equity market solutions, sustainable finance solutions, payments & cash management and trade and treasury services.
Customer experience is what differentiates us and we’re continuously innovating to improve it. We also partner with others to bring disruptive ideas to market faster.
Our shares are listed in Amsterdam (INGA NA, INGA.AS), Brussels and New York (ADRs: ING US, ING.N).
When it comes to sustainability, we facilitate and finance society’s shift to a low-carbon future and pioneer innovative forms of finance to support a better world. Sustainability forms an integral part of ING’s strategy. In Sustainalytics’ view, ING’s management of ESG material risk is ‘Strong’ (September 2021). In January 2021, ING received an ESG evaluation score of 83 ('strong') from S&P Global Ratings. ING's ESG rating by MSCI was upgraded to 'AA' in December 2020. ING Group shares are included in major sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) index products of leading providers STOXX, Morningstar and FTSE Russell.
Also check out ING’s profile document (PDF 2,4 MB).
Where you’ll find us
The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
- Leading retail and wholesale banks
- Cross-border customer interaction platform with mobile-first customer experience and cost efficiency
Australia, Germany, Italy, Spain
- Wholesale banks and digital retail banks with 'direct bank' roots
- Expanding their product offering and delivering a mobile-first, differentiating customer experience
Poland, Romania, Turkey, and our stakes in Asia
- Retail and wholesale banks in economies with high growth potential
- Developing differentiating customer experience, based on mobile-first approach
International network and global franchises
- Extensive international client base across all regions
- Sector-focused client business in lending, capital structuring and advisory, transaction services, sustainable finance solutions and financial markets
* ING is undergoing a transition to close our Wholesale Banking offices in Argentina, Brazil and Kazakhstan as announced on 5 November 2020. ING has exited the Austrian and Czech retail banking markets as of the end of 2021. We announced in December 2021 that we will leave the retail banking market in France after a strategic review of our retail banking operations there.