ING at a glance
Who we are
ING is a global bank with a strong European base. Our 57,000 employees serve around 38.9 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
Our products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages in most of our retail markets. For our Wholesale Banking clients we provide specialised lending, tailored corporate finance, debt and equity market solutions, sustainable finance solutions, payments & cash management and trade and treasury services.
Customer experience is what differentiates us and we’re continuously innovating to improve it. We also partner with others to bring disruptive ideas to market faster.
Our shares are listed in Amsterdam (INGA NA, INGA.AS), Brussels and New York (ADRs: ING US, ING.N).
When it comes to sustainability, we facilitate and finance society’s shift to a low-carbon future and pioneer innovative forms of finance to support a better world. As such, we’re ranked first in the banks industry group by Sustainalytics and have an ‘AA’ rating in MSCI’s ratings universe. ING Group shares are included in major sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) index products of leading providers STOXX, Morningstar and FTSE Russell.
Also check out ING’s profile document (PDF 1,7 MB).
Where you’ll find us
The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
- Leading retail and wholesale banks
- Cross-border customer interaction platform with mobile-first customer experience and cost efficiency
Australia, Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Spain
- Digital retail banks developing scalable platform with uniform, mobile-first customer experience
- Broadening product capabilities
- Wholesale banks
Poland, Romania, Turkey, the Philippines, and our stakes in Asia
- Retail and wholesale banks in economies with high growth potential
- Developing differentiating customer experience, based on mobile-first approach
International network and global franchises
- Extensive international client base across all regions
- Sector-focused client business in lending, capital structuring and advisory, transaction services, sustainable finance solutions and financial markets
* ING is undergoing a transition to close its Wholesale Banking offices in Argentina, Brazil, Malaysia, Thailand and Kazakhstan as announced on 5 November 2020. ING is also in the process of exiting the Austrian and Czech retail banking markets by the end of 2021.