Our own operations
Climate change is an unparalleled challenge to our planet’s health and to the sustainability of societies and economies around the world.
We want to help lead the global transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient economy. This starts at home by managing our own environmental footprint through our operations and suppliers.
We monitor and manage our environmental impact closely, and believe in being transparent about the climate impact of our operations. We invest in operational efficiency solutions, are committed to sourcing 100% renewable energy by 2020, integrate sustainability in our procurement processes and have been offsetting our remaining carbon emissions since 2007.
Our science-based targets help keep us on track, and our Environmental Programme will ensure we meet them.
- We will procure 100% renewable electricity by 2020 for all buildings we operate worldwide as part of the RE100 initiative.
- We will reduce our CO₂e emissions by 30% by year-end 2017 and 50% by 2020 (base year 2014).
- We will reduce global residual waste by 10% by year-end 2017 and 20% by 2020 (base year 2014).
- We will reduce our water footprint by 10% by year-end 2017 and 20% by 2020 (base year 2014).
- We will remain carbon neutral by offsetting remaining carbon emissions.
- We will maintain a standard for transparency about our progress by reporting to CDP and disclosing material environmental performance indicators in our annual report.